Love is in the air at Hunters Plaza and we’ve got the ultimate gift guide, whether you’re shopping for your…
Today is all about kindness. When we give selflessly to others, we create a positive ripple effect. Carrying out acts of kindness boosts our happiness life satisfaction and overall wellbeing. When we help others, it gives us a purpose and a sense of belonging. Think about how you might be able to brighten the day of someone you care about, or even a complete stranger. A small gensture might mean the world to someone else.
Below are a few ideas to help you tukua.
1. Bake something yummy to share with your colleagues at work
2. Do you have a friend or someone in your whānau who could do with a helping hand? Give them a few hours of your time
3. Take a moment to stop and korero with your neighbour, work colleague or supermarket worker. Ask how they are and really listen – it might make all the difference to their day
4. If you have a lemon or fruit tree, pop your excess fruit out on the street with a ‘help yourself’ sign
5. Join a community clean-up day
6. Donate toys, books or clothes that you are no longer using – to a local charity